Monday 7 May 2012

Confounded - again!

Well, this is very exciting!  Every time I turn my back on Google, they go and change things.  Are they changes for the good?  I don't think I'm in a position to comment, clinging as I do, to the outmoded pen and paper as my preferred method of communication.

This is my third encounter today; my first was with e-bluey.  I have a nephew in Afghanistan, and I got up the courage to join e-bluey so I could bombard him with my thoughts on the world via protected e-mail (as if the poor boy isn't suffering enough).  That was relatively easy.

My second was with my bank, who have initiated a new internet log-in system which involves a further piece of equipment on my desk, a little gadget called 'pinsentry'.  Instead of a simple log-in number and away you go, I now need to remember where I put the pinsentry, find my debit card, and locate my glasses, which are needed to read the faint log-in number on the aforementioned gadget.  By the time that was done, I'd forgotten why I logged in.

And dear Google is my third encounter.  I was here in March, and was fully up to date in the latest technology at that time.  It is now May, and the whole place has gone to pot!  Just finding how to write a new blog used up eight precious minutes, and worrying that my words of wisdom might get lost in the general ether is consuming my thoughts right now.

This was supposed to be a blog about words, about books and about the beauty of the pen.  It seems to be turning into a rant against the march of technology, but by the time you read this, technology will have moved on, and I won't be able to find this post again to see if you liked it at all.

With apologies to my friend from Athens - it's all Greek to me!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes, it's all Greek to me too! For example, I just found a comment from you, dated sometime in March, I think, awaiting confirmation, but I never got the message that I was supposed to read, let alone, confirm said comment! Ah, we live and learn ... or not learn at all, but we're still here trying.

    ReplyDelete